For the Alaska trip, we’ll be using a personal navigation device so folks can follow along (and in case of an emergency!).
Our ferry north was cancelled due to the MV Columbia having engine trouble. And then there was an early winter storm. So we had to punt!
- Friday, 21 August. Lynnwood to Cache Creek, BC
- Saturday, 22 August. Cache Creek to Chetwynd, BC
- Sunday, 23 August. Chetwynd to Dawson Creek to Fort Nelson, BC.
- Monday 24 August. Fort Nelson.
- Tuesday 25 August. Fort Nelson.
- Wednesday 26 August. For Nelson to Lake Watson, YT.
- Thursday 27 August. Lake Watson to Haines Junction, YT.
- Friday 28 August. Haines Junction to Haines, AK.
- Saturday 29 August. Day trip to Skagway.
- Sunday 30 August. Go fishing.
- Monday 31 August. Tootle around in a car. Rush to catch midnight ferry after we learn that the M/V Columbia is back in service and there’s room.
- Tuesday 1 September. Ferry leaves Haines about 1:00 AM
- Juneau (scheduled, 1 hour in port)
- Sitka (scheduled, 3 hours in port)
- Wednesday 2 September.
- Ketchikan (scheduled, 2 hours in port)
- Friday 4 September. Arrive Bellingham WA
- Ride home
- Friday, 21 August. Lynnwood to Bellingham, ferry departs at 6 pm.
- Monday, 24 August. Depart ferry at Haines AK. Lunch in Haines, ride to Haines Junction, Yukon Territory. Overnight at the Wanderer’s.
- Tuesday, 25 August. Ride to Delta Junction, AK. Overnight at New Garden B&B
- Wednesday, 26 August. North (Arctic Circle) or west (Denali), depending on the weather. Clockwise or counterclockwise. 😉
- Monday, August 31. Head home (via YT/BC).
- Labor Day Weekend, home.